Galaxy Brain: Self-directed CS study resources
Resources for teaching yourself more about computing (and a little physics and math).
- Computer Graphics from Scratch
- Coding Interview University
- Back-End Developer Interview Questions
- CS Topics That Programmers Should Know
- How To Be A Programmer
- Programmer Competency Matrix
- OSSU Computer Science Syllabus
- Teach Yourself CS
- Wizard Zines (Julia Evans)
- System Design Primer
- Github repositories to improve your programming skills
- Learn Computer Science in 1,000 Videos
- Ruby Hacking Guide
- Build Your Own X: Build your own database, Torrent client, VCS, operating system. "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
- The Catalog of Design Patterns
- Algorithms by Jeff Erickson
- 3D Game Engine Programming
- Julia Evans: Get Better At Programming By Learning How Things Work
- Fireship: Short videos on frameworks, languages, and concepts.
- Learn X in Y Minutes: Scenic Programming Language Tours
- Thoughtworks Technology Radar | An opinionated guide to technology frontiers
- Ray Tracing in One Weekend
- Software-Defined Radio for Engineers
- Crafting Interpreters
- The Theoretical Minimum: "These courses collectively teach everything required to gain a basic understanding of each area of modern physics including all of the fundamental mathematics."
- Statistical Rethinking (2022 Edition)
- Aho/Ullman Foundations of Computer Science
- Ask HN: The book that did it for you in math and/or CS? | Hacker News
- How To Make (almost) Anything | MIT
- A non-standard book list for software developers
- Computer Networks: A Systems Approach
- Practical Deep Learning for Coders
- OCaml Programming: Correct + Efficient + Beautiful — OCaml Programming: Correct + Efficient + Beautiful: "A textbook on functional programming and data structures in OCaml, with an emphasis on semantics and software engineering. This book is the textbook for CS 3110 Data Structures and Functional Programming at Cornell University."
- jlevy/the-art-of-command-line: Master the command line, in one page
Dec 2, 2021 •